Muslim “Welfare Queen” Refuses to Remove Headscarf in Court…

“The courtroom is a secular place and a secular space,” said Marengo. “There are no religious symbols in this room. Not on the walls and not on the persons.”

The judge went on to say that she would not hear anyone that appeared wearing a hat or sunglasses either.
“I will therefore not hear you if you are wearing a scarf on your head,” Marengo said.
When asked if she would remove the headscarf so that the court could continue, El-Alloul declined.
“Actually I cannot remove my scarf,” said El-Alloul. “Since long years I’m wearing my scarf.”

El-Alloul then started to give the judge excuses that she was poor, on welfare and a mother of three on her own, but the judge would hear none of it.
“That’s not what I’m talking about,” said Marengo in reference to the excuses.
The judge told her that she would not be hearing her case and that she could consult a lawyer.


Previous Post Next Post